Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Father's day 2018

Page guide 2

I really don't remember these. I know I made some, possibly all of them. One month later, possibly to the day, was my mother's death. My honor for my husband wasn't in money or time, I know that much, as all I had to give was being sucked into long days traveling or staying by mother's side, then failing to wind down on the weekends.

I do remember getting angry at romance novels. They push this idea of a man who knows all the right words and has all the love to give that money could buy, you know the crap they push into housewife port to be the escape from your real life that you so desperately crave.

And I couldn't escape. Why would I want this fantasy man who promised to give me the world when he couldn't give me my mother, nor could he give me the enduring support of a man willing to be both father and mother to his kids while his wife is too drained to function? Pissed me off royally that such a thing could even be offered to me, at that moment. 

Probably the best tribute to a husband: he and life is too real for fantasy to even work or be appealing.

Anyway, on with the memes:











No comments:

Post a Comment